Re: [MV] CCKW resto update, larger profile tyres

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 18:45:30 PDT

You can 'rubber gear it' as you have mentioned.

If you have banjo axles, you can replace the R&P gears with the lower ratio
civy gears. YOu could also use the 6.16:1 chucks from the M135/211 trucks.

Remember that you have to stop it too....

As I was driving out to the Weare Rally site tonight with my nice, newly
installed '56 GMC 302 in my cckw, towing my searchlight trailer with the
Clark Ariborne dozer in it at between 40 and 45 mph, I got to thinking that
If I lost a tire on the trailer, wow would that be fun!!!!!! Would it just
shuck the dozer or would it take the cckw with it...