New User

From: Nancy Borusiewich (nancyb@bond.net)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 06:04:11 PDT

Yesterday I didn't know that there were such things as MV's (never given
it any thought); today I'm considering buying a Canadian (manufactured
at the Windsor, Ontario plant) 1952 M37. The thing is, I'm clearing a
building site and building a house and I need a workhorse light truck.
This one seems more practical (big engine driven winch, PTO, 4x4, heavy
duty everything, for example) in some ways than the regular civilian
pick-ups in the price range I've been shopping.
One point of hesitation (aside from explaining the olive-drab monster in
the driveway to my friends and neighbors) is that I don't know whether
the M37 trucks can be made street legal (the one I'm looking at lacks
seat-belts and the lights aren't wired), and whether anyone will insure
it for a reasonable premium.
Any advice out there from folks with (esp. Canadian) experience?
Thanks.
Tony Christie c/o
nancyb@bond.net