Re: [MV] MB Cracked Block - Fixed ! Next problem ....

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 05:14:17 PDT

At 12:36 07/26/2001 +0100, Glenn wrote:

>After all the above I have run out of ideas.

>From an old mechanic :-) Before you replace the intake gasket, here is how
to check for vacume leak, which I am 99% sure you have, due to having to
use the choke.

If you are working on it alone, take the air cleaner off of the carb and
stick a rag down its throat but make sure you leave some oppening for air.
Don't use a small rug that will get sucked in :-) Do not pull your choke,
start the engine and see how it runs. If it keeps running, walk around and
put your hand over the carb throat to further restrict the air flow, DO NOT
GIVE IT ANY GAS !!! If it runs worse take the rag slowly out allowing more
air to go through.

See if that makes a difference.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan