Transfer Case Seals on a WC53

From: cdavis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 09:53:42 PDT

The transfer case on my Carryall leaks. I know that's to be expected, but
this one's leaking more than "normal" and I'd like to do something about it.

When I rebuilt the transfer case on my M37 I did everything on the bench,
but it seamed that the main seals (input and drive shafts) could have been
replaced with the case still mounted on the truck.

I have not read through the procedure in the manual yet, but I thought I'd
ask the group...

Can the input and drive shaft seals be replaced without dropping the case?
Who's got the best deal on these seals?
Any tips, warnings, etc from those with experience?

Thanks,

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA