Re: [MV] MB Cracked Block - Fixed ! Next problem ....

From: Glenn (glenntaylor@hotpop.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 09:41:51 PDT

Thanks Amnon
Before I do this, can I just check...
What is it about the procedure that will tell me I have vacuum leak (or
don't ) ?
Seems to me that using the rag + hand is effectively the same as using the
choke. I think I have missed the point of your suggestion.

I have just done a compression test. Cylinders 1,2 and 3 are ok, around 70
lbs. Cylinder 4 is 50 lbs.
Suggests a valve or piston ring problem in addition to any vacuum leak ?

Regards
Glenn