Re: [MV] Sting operations

From: t.glance@att.net
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 16:44:25 PDT

Your not the only one. Not long ago a guy came by our
shop and wnated to know if we bought M-16 magazines. We
tell him sure, as long as they are pre-ban. He comes in
with about 30 pre-bans, used but ok, in a box on top of
50 brand new Colt post bans. He then brings in another
box full of M-16 parts, including FA fire control parts
and others. He wants to sell it all, of course, real
cheap.

We ask how much for the mags, he gives a price
(something like $3 each) and we pick out the pre-bans
and tell him we are not interested in the rest. He gets
real irritated, trying to get us to buy the rest,
telling us nobody cares about the markings on the mags.
He eventually gave in and sold us the pre-bans and left
the rest. I could tell by the terms he used he knew
about guns, and anyone who does wouldn't ahve asked $3
for mags unless they were really after something else.

I later saw the same guy at several gun shows, always
trying to make questionable deals... I warned all my
friends there, and I am sure they warned theirs. The
biggest mistake whoever he works for made.... sending a
guy with a NJ accent to NC!

These bums are too lazy to actually catch criminals,
they go after legit dealers and hobbiests to try to get
them to slip up. After all X number of convictions to
your name looks good, no matter how you get them.

Tim