Re: [MV] Strange Jeep

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 06:12:09 PDT

They look very much like the vehicles used to tow ground support units
around on a military base. Things like GPU's, air start carts, o2 servicing
units. Probably very low geared. There are several variants of these support
vehicles. Last month I saw a new Dodge pick-up just like those jeeps. Very
short with 3 pintle hooks on the back towing two ground power units.
The diesel tank on the back might be for servicing the units that the
vehicle is designed to tow. I also noticed an ammo can on the right rear
fender. I could not read the writing on it but I'll bet it say's "FOD". A
can to put all the little bits of trash found on the ramp. ( Foreign Object
Damage )

Regards
Emmett