Cops Good - Feds Bad

From: John A. Hern Jr (hern@nidlink.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 19:42:31 PDT

More stuff you really don't want to read - better delete this now.
You've been warned... :-)

OK guys, let's not get to stereotyping critics, either! The anti-
comments earlier were directed at feds, not cops. REPEAT: Feds, not
cops. Just because the feds have started wearing uniforms, doesn't make
them cops, any more than Fish and Game officers or private security
police are cops. The slightest bit of reflection will make a person
realize that without cops and the military we'd be in anarchy, defending
ourselves against a howling mob of teen age punks bent on mayhem. Think
Watts Riots, Genghis Khan, Pancho Villa, etc.

The Ruby Ridge thing, and also Waco, was not cops. It was feds who are
cop wanna-bees. I don't know about any cops shooting women holding
babies in the face, or burning alive men, women, and children to hide
the evidence. But, from what I've seen, it's SOP with the feds. The
sting operations I've experienced have also been run by feds, not cops.
I personally am a cop-a-phile, and go out of my way to help cops and try
to I help make their difficult jobs and difficult lives easier. I
couldn't count the number of times I've paid for the lunch of a group of
cops in some diner I was leaving; or the amount I've contributed to
various cop activities. In Idaho, we don't have bad cops like I hear
about other places, so I can't personally relate to that sort of
situation. However, since we're a right wing state, and that's like
painting a target on our backs, we get deluged with feds way out of
proportion to our population.

Same with the military; who are really more or less super cops on a
national scale; and after all, this is an MV list, so we are all
military supporters, eh? We're not dealing with some cocaine corrupted
south American bunch of hoodlums, we're talking about one of the best
military forces the world has ever seen - just like our cops. But our
feds are no better than the crookedest of the third world secret police,
they just try to exude an aura of legality as they destroy the "enemies
of the state."

As to the legal details of a sting, there's more to getting a guy than
putting him behind bars. In the Weaver case, they entrapped him with a
shotgun sale so they could get an informant inside Butler's Aryan
Nations outfit, he refused to co-operate, so they decided to drag him
through the court system. He further refused, and so they decided to go
in shooting and the rest is history.

(BTW, I know Butler, he's a frail, harmless 80 year old man, who happens
to think his people are better than anyone else. Pretty much the same
as the Black Power guys, or the Native American folks. Thing is, he
happens to be the wrong race, i.e. white; so he's a racist. Which he
is, and as a result, got ruined, bankrupted, and thrown out on the
street with nothing, at 80 years of age by the Southern Poverty Law
Conference big gun attorneys. ((So what the hell were *they* doing up
in Idaho?)) If it wasn't for federal informants, who made up about 70%
of the people in his group at any one time, and about 95% of the funding
of that group; and for the free publicity from the media looking for
scary stories to write, he would have been out of business years ago.
And no, I don't belong to his outfit or any others like it.)

Finally, if cops had been in charge of Ruby Ridge or Waco, nothing would
have ever come of it. The guys would have been served with their
papers, or taken down to the station, and that would have been that.
But the feds wanted a "newsworthy event" before Budget Time, and as a
result, lots of people were murdered. So I'll repeat - if the feds come
busting down your door, shoot 'em in the face. You're dead anyway, take
as many of the bastards with you as you can.

--

John