Desparately needed part - OT

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 05:45:34 PDT

Hello listers this is off topic for the message boards.

But, on the other hand who else to turn to but the "all knowing"
military-vehicle & willys tech'ers
If you can help, you might e'me off list - so as to not PISS OFF the
absolute purists !
My address is below.

My problem:
In your everyday travels I'm in desparate need of a distributor for a
Toyota engine. It's the once very common 18RC engine.
This one I have has a carb., and the distrib. - it has points - it's the non
Electronic Brain type.
I also need the short tailshaft drive/spline that fits the auto tranny...
that's attached to my 18RC engine.

To give you a frame of reference, this engine came out of a 1977 Toyota
Celica. However, the 18RC was used in many, many applications from Toyota .

Thanks ...also, if you know of any wrecking yards nearby maybe you could
give them a
shout to see if there's anything in your Neck O' The Woods.

My immediate wrecking yards are all but out... or not interested in taking a
walk through their lower tall grass where the older vehicles are parked ???

I've had the offer of a later model engine and tranny for $150 but it's the
EFI with computer brain ... which can test my patience, far too much.
without all that extra associated wiring. I just cant deal with that.

Regards, Rob Pearson
aussierob@odyssey.net
Ph. 607-749-7564