Re: [MV] Sting operations/response

From: Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 06:31:49 PDT

I agree with what you said about entrapment and that it would get tossed out
of court. However, I feel that in a lot of cases some agencies are not
really interested in "victory" in court as they are in dragging someone's
name and face into newspapers.

I can see headlines now

LOCAL BUSINESS MAN CHARGED WITH SALE/POSSESION OF ILLEGAL FIREAMS

    of course the results in court would be in bottom inside corner of paper
in very very fine print.

This would also put your name in front of less than honest persons that
would wonder if in your house/place of business you might have some firearms
they could break in and steal.