Re: [MV] 6.2 Diesel Won't Crank

From: Glenn (glenntaylor@hotpop.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 15:30:57 PDT

A couple of thoughts :-
1. Might just need 'freeing up' a bit more.
Maybe a brief tow (or push - how big is it - I have no idea ?!)
and then put it in gear (2 or 3 seems best - not too much strain on gearbox
and not too many revs on clutch)
and release clutch carefully to turn the engine over a little.

If you can't get a tow and have no room to push it, you could get (enough)
mates to 'rock' it back and forth in gear.

or 2. Check for some kind of short in the cables. The juice might mostly be
going to earth and back to the battery, (hence hot cables) and only some of
it going to the starter (hence sooooo slow)

Glenn