Re: [MV] dozer blabe/snowplow M35A2

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 16:40:35 PDT

Doctor:

There are several very well engineered snowplow set-ups for the M35, although
I would hesitate to encourage anyone to try to bulldoze with one. On the
other hand, road rage is quite the ... well, rage, here on Long Island...hmmm.

Adding hydraulics is easy. You need to first put the basic forward-facing PTO
unit on the transmission. Then you need to install the rear-facing PTO
adjunct unit, which will power the commercially-available pump and reservoir
combination. Most companies that add hydraulic plows to commercial trucks can
sell you one. The plow installation requires at least a 10 foot wide plow,
and remember that a truck with a winch would probably be too long to
maneuver, with the addition of a plow.

A typical hydraulic set-up has a control that is mounted under the dashboard,
that resembles a very large choke control. Pull it out past the center
detent, and the plow goes up. Push it in, past the detent, and the plow goes
down. This control has a cable type linkage that goes to the pump/reservoir,
which also has the hydraulic valves as an integral part. The valves look
like the ones on a farm tractor, or log splitter.

I added a "stealth" dump truck set-up to my M35 which to the casual observer
is not noticeable. The whole thing as described above (but excluding a plow,
of course) cost $3300, including labor, to remove the cargo body, install the
hoist and hydraulics, and re-install the body. I believe that at the time,
the parts cost around $800 for the pump/reservoir/valve set-up. The PTO's
were purchased from Mr. Richard Greene.

You may contact me, off list, for the name of the hydraulic assembly, if you
can't locate one. Arthur P. Bloom, Pres. www.M35products.com

1946 Dodge WDX
1940 Farmall Type "M"
1974 Porsche 914