Re HiGH COMPRESSION FLATHEADS

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:11:06 PDT

Thanks to the guys who have reponded so far with their knowledge.

Don Kenyon, thanks also for you response.

As far as machined the head goes. that was not my intent other than a
minimum resurfacing.
However, I have two different styles of Willys Heads. One is the same as the
rest excepting that the one that has some noticeable ribs cast into the top
side.

A very knowledgeable jeep enthusiast told me that the ribbbed head were a
high compression head.

>So, my questions is... Does anyone know the compression ratios between the
high and stabdard heads.

Std = 6.9
High = 7.4
They apparently have made the heads for higher altitudes
I just found this out from someone on the list.
Including the compression ratios.

Thanks again