Re: [MV] Bud wheels

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:16:50 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <MVTrucker@aol.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 8:06 PM
Subject: [MV] Bud wheels

> The other wheels, the ones that use wedges, are Bates. Always leave the
> lug nuts partially on before smacking the wedge to loosen them. They fly
like
> bullets!

And are just as deadly. Consider this......a bullet from a 50 calibar Ma
Deuce MachineGun fires a 750 grain slug and leaves the barrel at slightly
over 2800 feet a second. A wedge for a Bates wheel weighs close to a pound
or slightly more and leaves the wheel stud if improper precautions are not
observed with just as much speed if not more that a fifty cal. round. I have
personally seen one go thru a steel wall that was 3/8ths thich!!! Joe is
dead on right leave the nuts on and whack away at the wheel with a sledge
hammer (5 lbs. minimum 10 lbs. preferred ) untill the wheel pops loose.
Firast time you do it correctly you will jump five feet or more and then
understand my rant.

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com