Re: [MV] Mk III Panzer on ebay

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 15:57:01 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Greville" <dgrev@ruralnet.net.au>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2001 12:24 AM
Subject: [MV] Mk III Panzer on ebay

> Everyone
>
> Is it me, or does this look like they are trying to sell a panzer
> straight off a plinth at a museum?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1173840866
> --
> Regards
> Doug

My guess is that the photographs show _A_ MkIII Panzer; not necessarily
_THE_ MkIII Panzer, as the text states that the tank advertised sports some
sort of replica machine-gun to replace the destroyed original, yet none is
visible in any of the pictures. Also, there's what appears to be a 17 pdr.
in the background, leading me to believe that the vendor just snapped a pic
of some Mk. III during one of his visits to a museum somewhere, and decided
to use them to indicate what the tank in question *could* look like given
enough dollars and TLC.

I also harbour my doubts about the viability of any enterprise originating
in the Ukraine - Georgia phone numbers notwithstanding - so caveat emptor.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.