Re: [MV] Help Identify M-series Truck

From: Brandon K. (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 14:00:58 PDT

Not M-Series!

WW2 Dodge 3/4-Ton model WC-51 Weapon Carrier without
winch. The rear bed is incorrect as you noted.

Look at this excellent site for more info:
http://www.powerup.com.au/~djr/3q.html

WC51 hood number 2208822 (serial number 81698821) was
delivered on 20 MARCH 1944, so hood number 2206090
should have been delivered not too long before that.

Check out the WW2 Dodge database here:
http://www.powerup.com.au/~djr/data2.html

Other than the missing bed and the modification with
the boom, the truck looks to be in very original and
complete condition. It looks to have mostly surface
rust which is not really a problem due to the
thickness of the metal. Does it have a lot of rust
through the body? Does the engine turn free?

It is easily worth $300-$500 as it is, perhaps more.
The serial number should be located on the glovebox
data plate next to the hornets nest and also on the
right fron frame rail midway between the bumper and
shock absorber in large stamped numbers.

If you can get the serial number, please e-mail David
Robinson at djr@powerup.com.au so he can add it to the
database.

Good find!

Brandon