Re: [MV] Alcohols

From: J. Forster (jfor@onemain.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 08:08:03 PDT

> At last, a definition of our common "meths" found in most households.
>
> I can report that a single taste (from years ago) is like very strong and
> rough Gin, but note we have a vagrant sub-culture known as "Meths-Drinkers"
> who turn to this when money for the cheapest booze is unavailable.

I believe that "Meths-Drinkers" have, indeed, suffered some brain damage from
this practice. There are also people who drink "Squeeze" which is gotten from
the jellied Methanol used in "Sterno" . Other things people drink include
Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol, Rubbing Alcohol) and even Ethylene Glycol
(Anti-Freeze).

Here is a link:
http://hsc.virginia.edu/medicine/clinical/internal/conf/chiefs/toxicalc.htm

Bottom line is that drink only that which is designed to be drunk, and that in
moderation and not when driving a Sherman. LoL

John