Re: [MV] M35 Cup Holder - was [MV] Stupid question of the month award: M16 rifle mounts in M1009

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 08:31:06 PDT

HiO List For the purist in the list that only want G.I. on their trucks the
last trucks that came though Ft. Steward had Field made cup holders made out
of the round metal plate that holds the plastic red (or Amber) reflectors.
They mounted it to the bottom of the windshield frame and on the ones I saw
they had one on each side of the center post. Another neat item was on the
hard tops they had build a wooden shelf across the top of the windshield
using the bottom of the frame as the support to store extra gear. And if you
look back on my pictures (Really cool Police T ) on the one I took of the
deuce leaving and look real hard at back of the truck you can make out a
rear mounted tool box ( I assume it's the side opening tool box from a 5T).
Also on the 24v lighters just so happen this weekend a guy came by looking
for some items and we got to talking and it turned out that he used to build
the 24v heaters (diesel fired) that went on the artic kit and M109A3 and
that was what they used to start them with. Wayne

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=133143&f=0