M35A2 Buying Advice

From: Chris Warne (CWarne@arrowuk.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 06:20:32 PDT

Hi List,
        I've decided to go buy a M35A2. I'm heading over to the Reomie yard,
Holland, in a couple of weeks with a truck mechanic friend of mine, to check
out what's on offer and, hopefully, plan to bring one back to the UK with
me.
        I know there's lots of listers out there with M35's and my question
is, what specifics should we look out for when checking one of these out?
Like I said, I've got a mechanic with 25 years experience of heavy trucks
coming with me but a M35 is new to him. Are there certain parts that we need
to check as they're know for failure, are there know corrosion 'hot-spots'
etc...Any info you can give to help me select a good truck without
'impending failure' would be appreciated.