Re: [MV] [MVlist] M601/615 sale in Thailand

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 08:50:51 PDT

In a message dated 8/17/01 9:08:36 AM Central Standard Time,
c322348@yahoo.com writes:

<< I wonder what the 2-1/2 ton trucks are???? If they
 were M-Series trucks you would expect them to have an
 identifiable NSN.

 Yes, Gavin- Can you check these out for us in your
 spare time? Is the DRMO near Bangkok? How about some
 photos? :-)

I believe that these are just about the rarest of the postwar G-742 series
trucks. I am not at home now, so I can't look up NSN, or verify my
recollection, but I THINK that these are the Reo's with vacuum assisted
brakes (rather than air assist), and a 12 volt non-sealed electrical system.
These were built for export/military assistance. DO NOT bid on these based
on my recollection, verify it first.

Hope this helps.
David