Sprag problem. Doesn't work in forward. Ok in reverse

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 23:18:51 PDT

A friend also has this problem. What could cause the M35A2 to not have
any power to the front end in forward, but works fine in reverse gear? I
know this to be the situation, because we used 2 deuces, end to end, to
pull a 5 ton truck out of the mud, today. Pulling forward, my deuce spun
the rear wheels and the front end did nothing at all. Turned the truck
around and pulled backwards. Now all 10 wheels are spinning (on slick
mud). We did extricate the 5 ton truck from the mud, in a carefully
correographed string of trucks. Jim