[MV] m37 with gamma goat tires

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 11:32:47 PST

>Any one had experience with the gammagoat conversion for the tires on m37?
>It really gets the pumpkin off the ground, using tires that are 45 inches
>high. But do they fit ok, and is there plenty of clearance when turning
>under the fenders?
>
>Any thoughts appreciated. Also if anyone knows how to get hold of tom at
>Snake River (supplier of the conversion plates), i can t reach him at his
>web site email address. Thanks to all.
>RRogers
>m37b1 Dump Truck

I have done a fair amount of research into this and I feel that the goat
tires are the way to go with the stock running gear.I beleive they measure
up at 42" and not 45" and from those who have the setup that I have talked
to the only problem appears to be some slight rubbing at extreme
articulation.the adapter plates offsets the wheels farther out so that they
are just barely outside the fender wells.It gives a better highway speed
because it changes the overall ratio as if you were running about a 5.2
rather than 5.83's.The only thing I would do is to get the tires siped.As a
daily runner the NDT's aren't very safe in rain but they get great mileage
and last long.Siping makes them better for wet conditions.Also for the size
of tire it is it doesn't affect the steering like putting fatter tires would.
Andre