Re: [MV] M35A2 Combat Sim Road Trip A Success!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 09:23:23 PDT

Hi Ron...

>Combat Sims?? Shot out mirror??? What the hell are you getting into, Jim? We
>gonna see video of you on Dateline or 60 Minutes?

No, no. We do monthly combat simulation which are similar to modern
warfare re-enactments. We use very realistic-looking weapons of all
sorts that look like the real things (M4A1s, M16s, AK47s, various
German guns, Uzis, and so on) and shoot 6mm 0.25g beryllium BBs at 350
feet per second. They're very accurate and shoot very far, but don't
really hurt anyone. We wear protective clothing and eye wear of
course. During one of the fire fights, our commander was using the
M1007 for cover and raised his gun up to shoot and lit off a full auto
burst right into the glass on my outside mirror! Oh well.

You can see our re-enactment organization's web site at
www.Cimmerians.com.

I'll have photos posted of the troops in my trucks on my site shortly.

Thanks.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 3/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net