Getting a vehicle titled in Texas is about to cost $225.00 (plus tax)...

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 21:07:31 PDT

Hi, Folks...

I was down at the tax office about to get my M1009
registered and titled in Texas. I was told that I
made it just in time...that after the 1st, it will
cost $225.00 to get the green slip from the inspection
station to get a vehicle that had been titled
elsewhere titled in Texas. The $225.00 is just the
"inspection" fee. This would be in addition to any
tax and registration you must pay on the vehicle.

Anyway, I'm pretty irritated by this...and pretty
lucky I started getting this done now. I just thought
I'd let you guys know in case you're in Texas and
buying vehicles outside of Texas. For what it's
worth, they do the same exact inspection now for
$12.50. I would really like to know why it's suddenly
going to cost $225.00 after the 1st when they do the
exact same inspection. (This is not an emissions
inspection...I'm talking lights, horn, etc...it will
be the same inspection after the 1st...just a lot more
costly.)

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV (I wonder how difficult it would be
to maintain the registration in California out of
protest...:-) )

p.s. That '42 GPW is still available...I knew the
flake from Houston wasn't going to buy it! If any of
you guys want it, I'm going to run and get pictures of
it tomorrow. In order for the serious (as well as the
curious) to see the pictures without sending out 30
e-mails, I'll just put them on a website and send an
e-mail to the list with the URL. :-)