Re: [MV] 1954 Jeep CJ - MILITARY JEEP 4 X 4 on Ebay

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 21:30:53 PDT

The seller of this vehicle presents a, shall we say, rather unfriendly
public face, and spews a very silly, incorrect line of crap. Just a
cursory scan of the listing reveals the following:

(1) "...registered with the Department of Consumer and Regulatory
Affairs in Washington, D.C...." OK, so what? That nanny agency is a
District of Columbia function ONLY, having no regulatory or enforcement
authority OUTSIDE of D.C. I suppose the inclusion of that blurb is
supposed to give the reader nice, warm, fuzzy feelings about the
legitimacy of the seller, which operates in FLORIDA.

(2) "...sell specific REAL property including motor vehicles, sport
utility vehicles [are they not motor vehicles?], 4x4s [same], trucks
[same], ..." Well, disregarding the stupid redundancy, motor vehicles
of ANY stripe are NOT "REAL property". They are PERSONAL property.

(3) "Original cost to the taxpayer is CLASSIFIED" !!! What an
unadulterated ration of pure B.S. that is. The writer of the listing
must assume that everyone is as STUPID as he/she is. The acquisition
cost of damned near EVERYTHING the federal govt buys, except stuff for
certain "black" programs, is a matter of public record. It might take
some digging to find it, BUT IT AIN'T CLASSIFIED.

My apologies for the rant; I just get so sick of seeing that sort of
inane drivel.

Ed