Re: [MV] AMMO TRAILER

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 10:52:06 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChH41@gateway.net>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:55 AM
Subject: [MV] AMMO TRAILER

> Has anyone checked out the Ammo trailer on E-Bay?
> Its item #594456554

Speaking of ammo trailers, the last DRMO vehicle sale just wrapped up at Ft.
Lewis, and the film company wound up with four "ammunition trailers, two
wheeled." I was quite surprised when I went to pick them up to find they
were *identical* to the WWII M10 ammo trailer, save for a few extras that
appear to have been added as mods - namely, air-over trailer brakes (hook up
to deuce and five like the M104/105 trailers) with hoses in front, and
glad-hands in back for hooking up to the next trailer in sequence, and CARC
paint. I can imagine having quite the airport baggage-train of the things
trundling across the battlefield, but I think I wouldn't have been all that
courageous doing it in WWII behind a half-track (I have such a picture), as
fully loaded ammo trailers in a daisy-chain with nothing save H-T brakes for
stopping power must've made for a few really spectacular prangs.

Anyone know if the current-day M10's are just the WWII ones having gone
through several dozen life-extension/rebuild cycles, or did they just make
newer ones in the identical WWII pattern?

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.