Re: [MV] M60 Tank for sale CHEEP!!

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 05:04:49 PDT

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:13:08 -0500, you wrote:

>M60 tank for sale, $100. Missing engine and all fluids. Location:
> about 10 miles out to sea at an unknown location. Send me the $100 and
>you have my permission to go look for it. ;)

Look for it, fine.
Take it, no way -

All the military equipment used in the artificial reef programs remain
property of the U.S., under Coast Guard jurisdiction. Technically,
even scavenging one of these for parts is a no-no (but wreck divers
love a souvenir). They pass warnings about this around on the dive
boats.

But I do agree with your point, that a location in an ad is a big
help. No point bothering someone with a phone call only to find
there's no way you could get the beast home -