Re: [MV] OBD WHO? II!

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 04:24:19 PDT

This is nothing, in just a few years all the big non-commercial grade
trucks (SUVs especially) will be hybrid gas/electric. The military
already has a hybrid Hummer in the works.

Like the early days of automobiles, everybody has a different way of
going about it. And as we all know, electrics go long before
mechanicals. It will take years to shake the bugs out of the new
technologies.

I wouldn't want to be a mechanic a decade from now -

PS - the hybrid Hummer can switch to all-electric and run at 10 mph
silently for 20 miles. And no IR signature! Who ever expected a
stealth truck?