Re: M-816

From: starhauler@gurulink.com
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 15:48:19 PDT

Hello Wayne and List:
   I will be putting together a letter that I will be sending to American
General via my congressman. I have called American General several times but
have not yet received call backs or any information from them. I am sending
this letter through my congressman in the hopes of American General being a
Defense Contractor might be a little more responsive to providing the
information I seek.
   I will request American General to provide data as to the production runs
of all the military vehicles they have produced including the deuces also.
Such data should cover SNs of the Vehicles for year of production and the
number produced. For example the M-809, 15,000 produced beginning in 1963-64
SNs A-10963 through A-2056963. (A EXAMPLE ONLY) I will also request if the
SNs of the Vehicle have any coding in the SN of it, such as plant, month,
day, year, ect..
    I think American General would be able to supply us with this
information without much trouble on their part after all we paid to have
them built and they got paid for them. I think it would also do the company
good public relations to take credit and pride in knowing these beast are
still alive and breathing yet not dead like so many other trucks just as
old. Anyone from American General that might see this it would be
appreciated greatly if American General would supply us with this
information without going through a congressman.
   Also anyone want specific information that I could request from American
General? If so send it to me for inclusion. I might post the letter here
that goes to American General, I think they would be welcome to post the
information and want to be part of the list themselves.
Billy P. Whyde
M-817w/w, M-103 owner in Ohio