Re: [MV] Mule Skinners

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 19:57:27 PDT

I to have been bitten by the MULE bug..
I like them..They are a blast to work on..are pretty simple and
basic...except for-- the lousy governor and carb system..!!! I have really
not had the time to sit down and do a "re-route" of the cable and linkage to
bypasss the governor.. I want to be able to accelerate like on a
Jeep...without the governor holding me back.. The Marines used to race these
damn things and get them up to about 35 MPH..... Now, if I can get mine to
do 20..I'd be happy... Anyone figured out how to get better acceleration and
more rpm's..??? Gene