Re: [MV] Mule Skinners

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 18:46:03 PDT

Hi Emmett

>I feel like a proud father lookin at this thing.if anyone out
>there has ANY questions ie; how to work with magnesium, wheel alignment,
>engine overhaul, lower section overhaul, etc Either I or George will try and
>answer. I feel like a MULE aficionado after all the work and mistakes.

Hehe... I think I will feel that way after this week. Gotta drop out the
engine and components tomorrow to fix a seal and install a replacement
left rear axle housing. Wish I had time to strip/paint it while the
engine is off, but I need 'er later on this week to move some materials
up to a camp we are building. Moved the rest of it by Weasel this winter
in 4' of snow, but the terrain is Hell on the tracks without snow. Oh,
and I will hopefully be transporting the MULE to the general location
towed behind my Pinzgauer. Now, who ever said that military vehicles
weren't "practical" can kiss my butt :-)

>I feel better now, no one in the family appreciates the time/work and almost
>anal attention to detail than you guys.

OK, three questions...

1. What is the single strap that goes on the engine guard used for?

2. Where can I get the correct strap AND footman's loop? Repro is just
fine with me.

3. What is the best/correct paint for an A2 which was in USMC service
and who should I get it from?

Thanks,

Steve