Re: [MV] Possibly OT: Opinions, please?? Local "code enforcement" idiots trying to steal your MV's?

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 07:41:22 PDT

By law..if you cover the vehicle with a decent car cover or tarp..the good
squad "by law" can not lift the cover to see if the vehicle is registered.
It must be "on" your property...some areas require that the vehicle "not" be
parked on grass..gravel or concrete is what is required here in Colorado. I
went through this crap before I moved up here in the mountains on 10 acres..
They even had a neighborhood meeting on my MV's...The Code Enforcement
people from the City told the local neighborhood thet I not "in violation"
of any local codes and that they (the neighbors) had nothing to say about
what I was doing. I had a vehicle in the back and one in the front..The
front one was on concrete..the rear one was covered..by code..and "no one"
had the right to see if it were registered or not.. Good luck..Gene