Re: [MV] M-816

From: starhauler@gurulink.com
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 18:19:07 PDT

Hello Bruce and list
     Welcome to the 5 Tons Bruce! My M-817 is as follows . The M-817 without
winch is 273" in length, height 116", width 97 3/4", weight 23,761lbs
      With winch 288 1/2" in length, height no difference listed, width
same, weight 24,426lbs.
       If you have not done so I'd recommend a drop deck trailer to haul it
on. I also when I checked on a shipper the best price was from Schneider
International. I did not use Schneider but it was not there fault, I also
put my Ford Ranger on the drop deck behind the my M-817 and rode in the
tractor for the ride home.
      Also suggest you look for a ramp to unload it with. Farm equipment
dealers, heavy equipment dealers might let you use there ramp on a offload
and get out free. Also make darn sure you have brakes and be careful the
truck is double digit TONS and not a garden tractor. Hope you enjoy.
Billy P. Whyde
M-817w/w, M-103 owner in Ohio