Re: [MV] Possibly OT: Opinions, please?? Local "code enforcement" idiots t...

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 15:40:25 PDT

In a message dated 8/27/01 2:49:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davidcole@tk7.net writes:

<<
 If all of this bullshit continues, and their seems to be no end in sight, get
 minimal insurance and buy plates, then drop the insurance. You are only
 required to have insurance while operating a motor vehicle in most states.
 You don't have to have insurance while not operating a vehicle.

Well, not exactly...In NY state, if you cancel insurance, the plates must be
surrendered to the BAW (Bureau of Arrogant Women). If the plates are not
surrendered, the State Polizei come to the house, remove the plates, give you
a summonse, AND your driver license is suspended for the same length of time
that you had the plates illegally.

I am currently sitting here contemplating a potential "ruse, scheme, device
or artifice" as we say in the code enforcement business, (I am one of those
Code Enforcement "Idiots" that have been referred to). Perhaps there is a
state, say, Florida, where I understand that there are no more vehicle
inspections, where a company could be set up to service folks who find
themselves in this or similar predicaments. "Register that old car in my
mailbox" sort of thing.

I believe that you will prevail, but must strongly agree with the advice that
everything must be in writing. That is the concept that calls the bluff of
most over-zealous officials, especially those with, how best to say,
"stick-shift envy".

Good Luck, we are all rooting for you. A P Bloom