A Small Mishap

From: Rusty Schwarz (rusty@castle.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:30:15 PDT

List,

My XM-501E3 Hawk Missle Transporter and I were out in the back yard yanking
out tree stumps the other day, (an ignoble but nonetheless effective use of
the machine). This morning I found a small puddle under the engine/trans
area. Both trans and engine oil level look OK, (and hadn't gotten any warning
lights), but a little oil sometimes looks like a lot... Dropping the access
cover, I see that the hoses to the trans oil cooler are all wet. One of them
looks to have been abraided at one time and replaced with a convenient piece
of tubing and some clamps. I'm thinking that these hoses could stand
replacement in any case, (date code 8-85). The TM refers to them as: Hose:
Type 1, Grade A, Class 2, Trans to Oil Cooler, 2 used. Yeah, right... Looks
like maybe 3/8" ID, but, other than that, I don't have a clue as to pressure
or temperature rating. Anyone have any idea what I should ask for when I walk
into my friendly local Auto Parts emporium?

TIA,

Rusty