Re: [MV] Possibly OT: Opinions, please?? Local "code enforcement" idiots trying to steal your MV's?

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:19:11 PDT

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm in construction and I deal with local zoning
codes and officials all the time.

I seriously doubt anyone wants your car. Even if they do tow it, all
you have to do is pay the fine and get it back, so they won't get it.
All that will happen is you get a lot of hassle and a lighter wallet.

Most likely either:
A) a neighbor is bitching to the town
B) somebody at town hall got heat about ANOTHER guys wreck, and the
town is busting on everybody so they don't look like they're harassing
one guy.

You can take it to court, if you really want to spend your time and
money, but I can assure you the town has more of both than you do.

And if you win, they'll just find something else to nail you on. Once
you get a rep with the town as being a hard-ass, they never forget
you. It's the same in nearly every town hall. You will have more
inspectors on your property than you ever dreamed existed.

My advice is to rent one of those self-store units for a few months
till the town moves on to a new topic. Or take out insurance, register
the car, get it inspected and then cancel the insurance.

They don't say "you can't fight city hall" for nothing.