Who made best jeep?

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 20:34:04 PDT

Obviously there are many countries who make a 4 wheel drive tactical or light
truck now. Of all those countries from say 1950 until today, who do you
think made the best? I said 1950 in order to allow other nations to get up
to speed with the US Willys jeep. At any rate, it is subjective question
for sure, but I would be interested in the responses.

Rovers, Willys, Saurer 2DM, Unimog S, Pinzgauer/Puch, Valps, Toyota
Landcruiser, UAZ 469, etc. Anything stand out as a winner in your book?

A lot of countries made modifed versions of the original jeep...like the
CJ-3B made by Willys and designated as the M606. This was not the only
CJ-3B-type Jeep used by the U.S. military. In the 60's the U.S. Army
deployed Jeeps manufactured by Mitsubishi in Japan, known as the CJ3B-J4 and
CJ3B-J4C. So I don't think it would be fair to compare modified jeeps,
should be the real and original model, right?

Jack Lee (Sunny California)