Re: [MV] Knock with good oil pressure m35a2 woes

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 14:49:39 PDT

The pan is a breeze to drop.. Pull off some main caps...have a look for wear
on the bearings..then pull off rod caps and inspect for wear...You can have
the pan off and inspect all the bearings in about 2 hours.. Worst part is
draining the oil and then being dripped on for the 2 hours..!! We did it all
the time down range for training. The vehicle was then drive for the rest of
the maneuver.. The engines are pretty bullet proof and "soldier" proof as
well. Bearings are easy to get..I get them from a local engine shop..they
are called "military standard" engine bearings..the back side will tell you
what size they are..!!
Gene...