MUTT Problems

From: Matt Mouser (webmaster@net-connection.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 19:15:57 PDT

Hi Guys,

I have a very weird problem with my MUTT. When I first got it, not very long
ago, it ran a bit rough and stalled on me when I drove it for a while. I
found out the gas was old, I drained it and put in new gas. It made a huge
difference and my MUTT runs smooth for the most part now. But now the only
problem is it that it stalls. Once it stalls I can't get it started unless I
let it sit for about 30min or so. Sometimes it will start right back up
immediately but will die again a min later. I have changed all the fuel
filters many times, blew out the gas lines with compressed air, and changed
the fuel (already stated). Any other ideas on what may cause the MUTT to
die.

I was thinking it may be the coil. The one that's in there now looks brand
new, so I don't think that's it. I think it's getting fuel because the last
time it stalled I unhooked the fuel filter at the carb and gas came out of
the carb and filter. Now I am thinking that the Carb may need to be rebuilt,
but it too looks brand new. Does this problem sound familar? The engine in
the MUTT looks brand new and only has 5000 miles on it. The problem on this
engine is not consistant. The engine ran fine idleing on my driveway for
over an hour. Then later that day I started it and it died within a minute
and I couldn't start it again.

Thanks for your time,
Matt Mouser