Re: [MV] CROOK

From: John A. Hern Jr (hern@nidlink.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 17:04:11 PDT

Well, a while ago a crook in NY tried to swindle me out of $150 on
eBay. Of course, eBay said they couldn't do anything, all they did was
facilitate a transaction between two people, etc etc and other
sanctimonious crap. So, I decided I'd have $150 worth of fun with this
jerk - whose name, by the way, is Harold Cheatham, and runs an antique shop
called, as I recall, Ridge Antiques. I searched eBay for all his auctions,
and sent *every bidder* an email describing exactly what my experience
was. I got back lots of replies, and within a day or two, a call from an
employee of Harold "Cheat-'em" Cheatham. The flunkey said poor old Harold
was having fits, running around screaming and hollering, and would I please
quit if they mailed me the goods I'd purchased? I said no, I wanted my
money back. Two weeks later, damned if they didn't actually send it
back. I noticed that Harold "The Weasel" Cheatham changed his eBay address
- found this by comparing the stuff he had for sale at his first site with
a search for the same items. Sent all those bidders email too. Oh, I had
*lots* of fun.

Anyhow, I bet if we put our minds together, we can think of a way to get
back at the swindler in Nevada.

Ideas?

John