Re: [MV] MUTT Problems

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 18:44:19 PDT

--- DDoyle9570@aol.com wrote:
> There were a LOT of bad NEW coils brought into this
> country a year or so ago, that may be your problem.

Yeah, same thing happened to me on my M38A1!!!
Replaced the coil twice (all were "new") and got a
good new one on the third try. (Yes, I know we're
talking about MUTTs here...:-) )

Before that, had a leaky carb...bad casting...that had
similar symptoms, but crapping out under load and
starting fine 30 minutes later sounds too much like
the unending bad coil problem I had...

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV
1968 Ford Mustang (still as of yet, untagged...new
laws go into effect 01 SEP 2001 which would protect me
and others in my situation...big thanks to Mr. Vaughn
for providing me the appropriate
refences...interesting reading and a HUGE help in case
the city continues to pursue this!)