Re: [MV] Luck and Damned Luck, the morning after

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 18:52:40 PDT

Memphis Equipment will have the spring hangers you require...and though some
may scoff at their price, this is precisely the type of circumstance they
market to. When someone (usually a commercial user) HAS to have the part the
next day, there is surety that they can provide it.

I do not own a 5 ton cargo truck...I know that my deuces will lock the
wheels, and I know my 5 ton wrecker won't, too much weight for the contact
area of the shoes. Dunno about a cargo truck, although NDCC tires are not
noted for their adhesion on hard surface roads in any event. Of course there
is also the effect of sliding tires on control.

Be SURE and check and double check the brake lines on the front axle (both
steel and rubber). A cut or prick in this fender bender could have fatal
consequences the next time out since this is not a split brake system.

My .02,
David Doyle