Apocalypse Now was: [MV] Patrol Boat PBR

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 06:47:43 PDT

>I was watching "Apocalypse Now", has some nice shots of a PBR.

One little flaw however, seems to me a UH-1 would not be able to lift that
much ??

Speaking of "Apocalypse Now" I just saw the redo which is out on screen in
the artsy-fartsy theaters right now. This is a "do see" in my book. Huge
chuncks of stuff had been deleted and mostly for political reasons as I see
it, talk of the Rand Corporation and a long discussion about the French
activities and the US involvment with the VC prior to that. It was also a
real pleasure to see it on the big screen, this is your only chance to see
it this way, after this be content with your TV screen.

later,

je