CUCV jerry can bracket holes?

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 15:54:12 PDT

Hi folks...

Does anyone happen to know offhand the size and thread
type of the jerry can bracket holes in the M1009 CUCV?
 The mount is at the left rear of the truck in the
cargo area. It's permanently attached and I have no
thread gauge. If it isn't for the jerry can bracket,
the holes in the mount for the bracket line up
perfectly and that's at least what I'm going to use it
for. :-)

Please let me know...tried 7/16" (probably too big)
and 1/4" (definitely too small) fine and course
threads...they are no-go.

I know I could just get some 1/4" nuts, bolts, and
washers and rig it to work. It would be nice to use
the right size bolts instead though...maybe other 1009
owners have already tried this?

Thanks for any info...

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV