Re: [MV] CUCV jerry can bracket holes?

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 17:02:11 PDT

--- "J. Forster" <jfor@onemain.com> wrote:
> Go to your local hardware store and buy one of each
> size and thread bolt between 1/4" and 1/2" , english
> and metric if requires, and write the size on each.
> Presto, instant thread guage for about $2.

Gee, why didn't I think of that? Good idea, but we
don't have any *real* hardware stores around here. We
have a Lowe's and they like to sell the bolts in odd
bundles of 3. Lovely. Also, they don't carry certain
sizes...if you want a size in between (like a 32nd
size), you're out of luck. IIRC, they have only
(around this size) 1/4", 3/8", 7/16"...For some
reason, I don't recall 5/16"...probably would've tried
those if they had them. :-( Maybe they were just out
of them, but I didn't see a place for them to be
stocked...

Thanks for the tip. If I lived around someplace where
they didn't charge $2.50 for 3 bolts, I'd try that...a
thread gauge would be cheaper probably...not sure...

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV