Brake Backing Plate

From: Hal N Blaisdell (hnblaisdell@rcn.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:55:00 PDT

When I pulled the front wheels from my 1/2 ton WC-1 to rebuild the brakes I
found all of the clips that hold the shoe to the drum on both front wheels
were broken. These were riveted on during manufacture and after 60 Plus
years have given way. I checked all the usual places for parts.. (VPW, ETC )
everyone tells me I have to buy new backing plates the clips are not
replaceable. Seems to me the rivets could be removed and new clips
installed. Anyone have a source for these clips.. This is not the brake shoe
guide spring set up used later but an actual sprung steel clip riveted to
the backing plate to hold the shoe tight to the plate.
Thanks
Hal