Re: [MV] Question About M35A2 Transmission Replacement...

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:40:52 PDT

Ike; R&R of the trans is straightforward and relatively easy. I installed a
bad trans in mine so I got extra practice. On the day I did mine the trans
jack took a dump so I was forced to use an engine crane through the drivers
door. These can be removed and installed without completely removing the
intermediate drive shaft but I find it easier to take it out completely. The
one thing to remember is do your R&R with the trans in 1st gear. This keeps
the 1st gear shift rod inside the shift tower and out of the way. Also there
is a gasket between the trans flange and the can. It can be operated without
this gasket but it is necessary for the deep water fording kit. It is
easiest to remove the spare tire and crawl in and out there. Don't forget
the clutch linkage rod and the ground strap on the lower passenger side.
Need anything else just shout.....Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL

AM General M-35A2