Re: [MV] Lights and Sirens on MVs (An unpopular view)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 10:23:02 PDT

Chris; I'm an advocate of safety. I would look into the lagalities of running
a small amber strobe light on the rear of your WC. If CA law allows this I
would think this would help. Make sure its visible from the back and near
the center of the rear. Mounting said light on the top or in a convoy
warning configuration wouldn't be the best placement. For your application
it only needs to be seen from the rear and I would keep it like that. Red and
blue lights are a definite no-no. Here in FLA green and purple are no-nos as
well. Amber is universally a caution indicator. I might get flamed for my
response but a correctly placed light of conservative power can do wonders
without calling attention for yourself.
Hank, do you agree?
Now if you put an MX7000 all light strobe bar on top, thats overdoing it!
Thats my take...Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL

AM General M-35A2