CUCV rear bench seat armrest/radio installation?

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 19:55:47 PDT

Howdy...

A show of hands, please...how many of us with M1009's
have the right-hand armrest installed on the rear
seat?

Any idea how to remove it? It sort of gets in the way
of the radio shelf braces...a bit...:-) Does anyone
know if the military received these with the armrest
installed?

BTW, thanks to those that answered my query about the
bolts...turns out they were a VERY, VERY TIGHT
8mm...metric...for a 1985 GM military bracket for a
chemical agent detector. Go figure.

Also, thanks for verifying the bracket is really for a
chemical agent detector...I did realize this, but I
declare -- those bolt holes line up *exactly* with the
standard jerry can mount. Lucky me!

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV
Yes, I have a siren and I use it while storm spotting
to have aux. radio audio while outside the vehicle.
Bleh. :-)