Re: [MV] big CA registration problems!

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:46:30 PDT

jarrett_l_redd@yahoo.com writes:

<< But the "lovely state of California"
 wants me to take the truck to a CHP office and have a new 17 digit VIN
 generated for it and attached to the engine and frame. >>

I dunno squat about California...but this may be worth checking out...here in
TN the law says "peace officer" or such...this includes other varieties...guy
in our local chapter was with US Customs service...he did most of our
inspections...although sheriffs deputies, police, highway patrol, federal
Marshall, constable, postal police, all would do.
My point, find letter of law, then think about all the folks you know,
hopefully they will overlap.

Hope this helps,
DD